5th Division: Lavell Gilmore
I’ve been asked many times from skaters if I had a skate team, and the answer is always the same.
But for some reason, this time I was intrigued at the idea. Not sure what drew me to him, but it did. I like people with a passion for what they do. Age doesn’t matter. Just do it because you love it. It’s how I approach Toys. With that said, meet Lav. Lavell Gilmore that is. The 16 year old skater hails from Killeen, Texas. Although he’s only been skating for 2 years, watching his videos, you can tell he has a strong love for the sport. We sit down with the skater and ask a few questions.
1. You could’ve picked anything else in the world to do. Why skating?
I picked up skating to pass by time when I couldn’t play basketball. Honestly, I really didn’t plan on staying with it but I eventually fell in love and haven’t stopped since.
2. What is the sickest trick you’ve done so far?
Hmm, probably a Switch Varial Heel down a gap
3. Who are your top 3 favorite skaters?
In no particular order:
– Theotis Beasley
– Austyn Gillette
– Marquis Preston
4. Do you want to go pro? What are your plans, if any?
I’d love to go pro but if it happens it happens. Right now, my only plan is to keep doing what makes me happy.
5. When you AREN’T skating, what do you like to do?
Nothing crazy. I spend a lot of my time really just hanging out with friends & family. I also love to help out others in anyway that I can.
6. If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
I can’t pick just one. I’d want to meet Jimmy Hendrix and Eddie Murphy.
7. What do your parents think of you skating?
They’re really supportive. They just hope that I make it on a professional level. Frankly, they’re behind me in whatever it is I choose to do.
8. For others now getting into skating, do you have any advice or words of encouragement?
My main advice is to never give up and KEEP HOPE! There’s going to be A LOT of pain involved but thats part of the beauty in it.
9. Anything else you want to share?
Follow my IG! @_getbukk
No comments yet.